[Imc-newsroom] archives

eknutson eknutson at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 5 22:54:25 CST 2002

Hey all you news producers,

The librarians are going to put forth a big effort in organizing the ucimc
archive, and we need your help! When you have a minidisk, cd, video tape, or
what ever to put in the archive please fill out an information form about it,
and put the completed form and the material (minidisk, cd, video, or whatever)
into a manilla envelope and put it in the archive drop box. The forms,
envelopes, and drop box are now all conveniently located in the production
room on the desk above the archive filling cabinets.

On a weekly (or bi-weekly, depending on how busy we are) we will collect the
materials in the drop box add the materials to the archive database. The
database will be accessible from the library webpage (right now the search
display isn't working properly) at
http://www.ucimc.org/library/archivesearch.html. This is why we need the
information on the form so that we can put the information into the database
and you can then access it more easily. The completed forms will also be kept
in binder that right now is living with the other binders on the library
shelves.

Now that there are minidisk shelves in the production room, be looking for a
newly organized archive... (hopefully by the end of the month). Let us know if
you have any questions, concerns or comments. If you would like to help out on
this endeavor (and we could really use the help) let me know, or even better
come to our next meeting (Tues 3/12 @8)

Your friendly radical librarian and anarchist archivist,
Ellen