[Imc-newsroom] Ooops...

mfeltes at ucimc.org mfeltes at ucimc.org
Sat Mar 16 19:59:34 CST 2002

Boy, I sent this message to the wrong list.  Sorry, folks... hopefully
someone can pick this up.

Message: 2
To: imc-print at urbana.indymedia.org
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:03:21 -0600 (CST)
From: mfeltes at ucimc.org
Subject: [UCIMC-print] Need A Sub to Produce Monday's Newshour

Well, when it rains, it pours.  I have been laid low by an intensification in
my cold/fever and ague, and I won't be able to do Monday's Newshour on
the Candlelight Vigil.   Here are the pieces I have so far:

An interview at the Candlelight Vigil with four teens from Urbana High

Audio footage of the Candlelight Vigil itself

An interview with the MC, whose name escapes me at the moment. I
believe she's the minister at... McKinley Presbyterian?

The one other thing that I would consider necessary for a well-rounded
Newshour is some good audio footage highlighting positive, constructive
alternatives to war.  Everyone I talked to seemed at a loss about
lines: Carl Estabrook, Barbara Dyskant, Susan Parenti... hey, if you
(unnamed and unknown producer) have time to pull the piece together on
Monday, maybe you should just take a minidisk to the AWARE meeting
Sunday evening and interview attendees at that gathering.

The audio I have is on a clear/grey minidisk which should be atop MoJo's
stack.  It's labeled "Audio from Candlelight Vigil - 11 Mar 2001" and hasn't
been digitized.  I did divide it into tracks corresponding with each portion of

the program or each interview.  There is a GREAT piece of footage during
the Open Mic section that I would recommend as the sweeper.  It was
delivered by a middle-aged woman I didn't recognize, but it's
unmistakable.  "THOU SHALT NOT KILL!  THOU SHALT NOT BOMB!"

If you have any questions about the audio, please do call me, 398-3831.
Sorry to back away like this, but hopefully I won't be laid low by these nasty
little bugs much longer and I can get back to work.  If you have a need for a
headline or two, call me and I'll be happy to write it.  Take care,

Michael