[Imc-newsroom] Protest the Tory Convention! (fwd)

Mark Enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Sun Mar 17 10:32:43 CST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 13:21:43 -0500 (EST)
From: ocap at tao.ca
To: undisclosed-recipients:  ;
Subject: Protest the Tory Convention!

	 * A Call to all Ontarians! *
	 * Take Back a Piece of Ontario! *
	 * March 22ND & 23RD in Toronto *
	 * Rallies, Snake Marches, Fine Dining and a Building Takeover! *

The Tories are spending the weekend in Toronto choosing the new leader of
this province, so we are spending the weekend disrupting thier activities.
We must not allow them to carry on destroying the lives of people in
Ontario. Below is information on what will be happening over the weekend.
Friday March 22ND - 6:30PM
Guess who's coming for dinner? Dining with the Tories!
Meet at MOSS PARK (QUEEN & SHERBOURNE)
RALLY & SNAKE MARCH.
** A building may be opened for people to stay in!  Bring a sleeping bag
and your toothbrush on the march if you want to stay over and join the
fight for affordable housing!**

The Tories will be settling in for some fine dining while the province
goes hungry. Guess who will be joining them? We are not going to let them
eat without at least giving them a little indigestion. Taking a cue from
our Argentinean sisters and brothers we ask that everyone bring their pots
and pans as we take to the streets and make some noise. As we do this, a
little bird told us that some concerned Ontario citizens may be taking a
piece of Ontario back and may be converting it into some temporary
housing. If this is true we will drag ourselves away from the Tories and
end the march at this new housing to congratulate the folks there on their
civic mindedness and reflect on how they accomplished something the Tories
refuse to do. Perhaps some of us will want to spend some time that night
with them at their new digs.

Saturday March 23RD - 12PM
Rally & March
meet at ALLAN GARDENS (CARLTON & SHERBOURNE)
RALLY & SNAKE MARCH

The Tory leadership convention will be in full swing and so will we! It's
not going to be business as usual for these politicians and their
corporate backers. They plan to elect a new leader. We plan to hold a
mass, diverse, militant, and disciplined demonstration that converges on
the convention. For this day to be a success we need everyone to come and
show the new Tory leader that the people of Ontario are still able to
fight back and this time they plan to fight to win!

For more information about the weekend check out www.tao.ca/~ocf
or write to ocf at tao.ca or call 416-760-2463.

This government CAN be defeated.