[Imc-newsroom] Re: [Imc] Radio News Notes

Mark Enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Sun May 5 16:49:07 CDT 2002

> Nancy is writing a proposal for a grant from the Paul Robeson fund for
> independent media, which we fit perfectly,  Nancy needs feedback from
> the news list about what we do, and would like the list of names of
> people who do the most reporting, and a list of our best shows.  Avram
> says Danielle's report on the SoA protest last year.  Mike Feltes' and
> Dan Chambers report of labor, which was replayed on the labor hour.  As
> for people to talk to: Danielle, Avram, Pauline, Dan, Michael.

Sorry I wasn't able to be at the meeting today, getting ready to go to
taiwan for a month.

Nancy: Other IMC radio news pieces of note:

--Liz Avery's interview with the Native American vocal group Ulali (with
Danielle?)
--the half hour feature on FTAA protest in Quebec (produced by Peter
Miller?) is a classic (we have been selling cds of it)
--Molly Stentz's interview the Canadnian organic farmer sued by Monsanto
for accidental growing of proprietary GM crops
--the show produced by Peter Miller (during WEFT's pledge drive last
spring) that included a report by Paul K about a Labor Day march, and live
interview with members of the Colombia support network
--I like the show I did with Amira Mnuha in August on 80 years of
experience of racism in Champaign schools (that show included an interview
by Nancy with participants in an alternative energy fair and a performance
poem by Amira;
--also the features I did on the Gesundheit Institute meeting with Jim
Hightower & Frances Moore Lappe
--my trip with Patch Adams to Cuba in December 2001.
--Shana's feature on Angola after the death of Savimbi was great
--Michale F's feature on plant closings in Decatur was poetic
--I don't know if Sehvilla would consent to having her hour special on
Monsanto counted as IMC radio news piece, but that was a great
--Andy Trull's vox pop interviews with people at Market Place mall about
how they define violence was intrguing
--Avram's feauture on community gardens
--Sandra's feature on the death penalty on the occasion of the execution
of Timothy McVeigh

these are ones I can think of off the top of my head; is it just a list
you're needing, or recordings to send?

Also, you might include Life in the Bike Lane pieces...

hope this helps
ciao,
mark