[Imc-newsroom] PLEASE READ: (re)Building the Public i

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed May 15 12:34:56 CDT 2002

Hello Everyone,

The Public i is currently revamping itself, taking stock of past problems,
and rebuilding its core, its process, and its community.  We have lost
many important members, most recently John Wasson (who has done the work
of 5 people and has done an admirable job as editor-at-large since the
paper's inception).  From these losses we have learned many lessons.

Currently, a committed group of Public i volunteers is meeting every
Thursday evening (at 5:30) at the IMC to maintain and rebuild the paper.
If you have thought about getting involved, now is the time to step
forward.  All are welcome.

The Public i continues to be the only outlet for many news articles,
stories, and perspectives that are too often ignored by our local press;
and we continue to print stories you simply will not find anywhere else in
town. Come help reinvigorate our paper, pledge to write a story or two,
and lend your vocal support to those who are working to make the Public i
better.

Please join us on Thursday evenings, let the print group know of your
interest and support (you can send an e-mail to print at ucimc.org), and let
other interested people know that the Public i is looking for volunteers.

In solidarity,

--Sascha