[Imc-newsroom] mojo cleanup

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon May 20 13:55:45 CDT 2002

This is a reminder that the tech group will begin cleaning up the hard drive on MoJo this Wednesday. This means we will delete files, beginning with the oldest, until there is 40% free on the hard drive.

Please back up your old files that you don't need hanging around on MoJo and delete them.  Tech will not back anything up. If at 6:30 pm on Wed there is already 40% free on MoJo's hard drive, then we won't have to delete anything.

Windows gets very wonky when the hard drive gets too full, not to mention the fact that it becomes more difficult to work on new projects.  Leaving space on the hard drive makes everyone's life easier.

If there's something absolutely vital on the drive you want to make sure is left, please let us know and we'll leave it be.  We've heard from two people already.

thanks,

Paul