[Imc-newsroom] (no subject)

kittykat kat61 at ameritech.net
Thu Nov 7 17:55:35 CST 2002

Now that the elections are over, I have some questions I would like to ask you.

What are you going to do about the people on ssi, that are disabled, and get their medical care from the state? Are you going to get it changed, so they don't have to pay a co-payment? Are they going to keep being made to feel as second class citizens? These people are not elderly. I am not saying that the elderly don't need more help then they get, I am saying that more need help.

I have had people in Dept of Human Service tell me I have to choose. I am not allowed any nice things. I am not allowed cable tv or internet. They are not living expenses. To contact people we do allow you a phone, but long distance isn't allowed. My family isn't here, nor are my friends, but i was raised here. It is my home.

Are you going to make the IL. medical card easier for Doctors to be willing to accept it? I am asking you to take a stand on this. Something has to change.

Teresa Killham
306 W. Griggs #105
Urbana, IL 61801-2677