[Imc-newsroom] Quito interview

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Fri Nov 8 10:24:19 CST 2002

I worked this morning with Maria Silva today to do a phone interview
with a dirigente of FENOCIN  (confederacion nacional de organizaciones
campesinas, indigenas y negras) in Quito on the anti-ACLA protests.

I tried using a DI-box into the board with the modem-mate, but it
didn't eliminate the buzzing.  Since there were no working MD players
at the IMC, I found an optimus tape recorder in the back room, but it
had no line in, so I had Maria talk on the phone in the production
room, put the phone in the main room on speaker, and recorded it with
the built-in mic on the tape recorder.

Obviously this is...er...less than optimal.

Regardless, she is going to translate the interview with me on Monday
at 2pm, so please don't plan on using mojo from 2pm until at least 7pm
on Sunday.

This will be a feature for Monday.  Kevin, will your feature on gay
rights be ready by then?  I will also have audio from Marino Cordoba's
talk at the IDF Saturday (assuming Dan brings the one working minidisc
in, or Zach/Paul donate theirs in time), which should be at least an
audio-headline, but could also be featurized.

				-Clint