[Imc-newsroom] SCRA Biennial Conference -- I want you!!! (to talk Indymedia)

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Nov 13 13:23:03 CST 2002

Hi all,

I'm preparing a submission for the 9th Biennial Conference of the Society
for Community Research and Action*.  At the conference I'd like to talk
about Indymedia and the effects Indymedia has had on participants, the
local community, the world, etc.  I think we could teach a lot about
Indymedia's successes, shortcommings, problems solved, and issues still
needing to be addressed.  And I would really like to have IMC people
present their own perspectives and ideas about this.  If you are
interested in presenting, please let me know ASAP.  The finished proposal
is due by the end of the week, so I'd need your decision ASAP.

The Biennial theme is "Incorporating Diversity: Moving from Values to
Action" -- and it's one that the IMC fits very well into. More information
is available at:  http://www.nmhu.edu/scrabiennial/scra.htm

The Biennials are fairly laid-back affairs and _a lot_ of fun.  I've
always met really cool folks and made some great connnections with other
activist-scholars there.  More importantly, it would be really great (and
even more fun) to have IMC-istas there, so please let me know if you're in
any way interested.

--Sascha

***

*The Biennial takes place at the New Mexico Highlands University in Las
Vegas (woo-hoo!), June 4-7, 2003.