[Imc-newsroom] [Fwd: [85Percent] one more success]

enslin at prairienet.org enslin at prairienet.org
Sat Nov 30 21:03:34 CST 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [85Percent] one more success
From: Brandon Bowersox <bowersox at prairienet.org>
Date: Sat, November 30, 2002 4:00 pm
To: 85percent at yahoogroups.com

At our November 21 rally we highlighted the downstate
support for equal rights based on the Bloomington and
Decatur ordinances.  I just heard about a recent
"upstate" change reported by the Human Rights Campaign:

"The city of Chicago voted Nov. 6 to add gender identity to
Chicago's Human Rights Ordinance. The victory was a result of
years of work by It's Time, Illinois, a statewide group in
Illinois dedicated to advocating for the Illinois transgender
community. HRC was proud to support the lobbying work of It's
Time, Illinois with a $5,000 Equality Fund grant for this project."