[Imc-newsroom] Monday's feature

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Thu Sep 26 12:32:21 CDT 2002

Danielle,

	I have left a CD in the Radio News mailbox at the IMC with two
tracks.  The first is the IMC Radio Theme and the second is a 15
minute feature.  It's not really "produced," i.e. with voice-overs and
background info and such; I unforunately don't have time before
leaving for the weekend.  It is a 15 minute chunk, pretty self
contained, of a talk given at the anti-globalization teach-in on
campus a few weeks ago by Chie Abad, a former sweatshop worker in
Saipan and now a speaker with Global Exchange.  She discusses the
effects of IMF/World Bank policies on her homeland of the Philippines,
her experiences during her six years as a garment worker in Saipan,
and her organization efforts among factory workers.  If you were to
print this email out, that would be a pretty good intro to the
feature.  I'm sorry it's not a more completely produced piece.

			-Clint

P.S.  Her bio is at:

http://www.globalexchange.org/education/speakers/CarmencitaChieAbad.html