[Imc-newsroom] anyone coming down to quito?

alca-nunca alcanunca at riseup.net
Fri Sep 27 12:29:46 CDT 2002

Please send this on to anyone you know who is coming down to quito this october!

Greetings from the welcome committee, a group which has been formed for the
mobilizations in Quito this October.  We are a group of both ecuadorians and
foreigners that has come together to help find and pass on information for
those foreigners who have plans to travel to Quito this October to participate
in the events during the days of the ministerial summit.  We have created two
lists (one in enlgish and one in spanish) as well as an email address,
bienvenidoquito1031 at yahoo.com by which you can write us any questions you may
have.  If you know of more people who have plans to come down and need more
information they can subscribe to the english listserve by writing to
quitomobilization2002-subscribe at yahoogroups.com, and to the spanish listserve
at quito_mobilizacion2002-subscribe at yahoogroups.com.  In adition to sending
information to these listserves we will be posting information at the website
www.ecuador.inymedia.org

We are currently looking for information in the following areas:
	-legal information (visas etc..)
	-entering the country
	-housing and food
	-maps and transportation
	-a scedule of events and updates on the plans for the various events

For those who can’t afford to stay in a hostel we will be able to provide
somesort of free communal housing.  We also hope to be able to provide food for
those who need it.

If you have any questions please write to bienvenidoquito1031 at yahoo.com

we’re really excited that so many people are coming down!

In solidarity,
Comité de Bienvenida