[Imc-newsroom] Fw: [gangbox] Solidarity Request, Please Help: AOL Censorship

david johnson unionyes at ameritech.net
Mon Jan 26 22:28:48 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert P. Kolb
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 5:56 PM
Subject: [gangbox] Solidarity Request, Please Help: AOL Censorship

Every AOL subscriber I have on all of my lists have been unsubscribed
because of AOL. All e-mails sent from my servers are being bounced and
censored by AOL.
AOL disagrees with my sending progressive news to their members,
even though each and every opt-in subscriber has specifically requested it.

The same has been done to Marc Ash of TruthOut and hundreds of other
progressive and labor related publications.

Please spread the word to as many AOL users as possible.
Please contact AOL and complain.

I am formally requesting to be contacted by a civil-liberties attorney
who is willing to make a name for himself by filing a class action lawsuit
on my behalf and my subscribers against AOL.

I do not spam.
I send LaborGroups News to the e-mail addresses I administer once per week.
I post messages to opt-in lists in which each and every member
has legally agreed to receive all e-mail from such listserver
with the right to also post to the list.
I refer to Yahoogroups, Topica, MSN, and such in-house lists
as I maintain.
I never e-mail anyone other than replying to direct correspondence to me,
or to notify an organization that I have included their submitted article
in my newsletter per their specific request out of courtesy.

Please consider an alternative e-mail account such as which I offer
at http://www.LaborGroups.org/freemail.htm

I am receiving dozens of requests per day by subscribers requesting me to
change
their e-mail address, from AOL to their new ISP, as they have become
intolerant
to AOL's spying, and censorship, not to mention being personally
responsible for
approx. 90% of the privacy invading advertisements AOL forces their
members to receive,
at the highest rate for dial-up access in the nation. A completely
disgusting embarrassment.

I need your help. Please protect your right of freedom of information.

Kindly notify all friends who use AOL (Asshole On Line), and notify them of
these problems. I personally am unable to handle all of these inquiries,
requests,
and complaints about AOL, a third party entity.

In Solidarity,
Bob :-)
Robert P. Kolb
815-469-8738

--
73online, (312)-224-2681, http://www.73.org
LaborGroups, http://www.LaborGroups.org

73online, (312)-224-2681, http://www.73.org
LaborGroups, http://www.LaborGroups.org
LaborGroups FreeMail, http://www.73online.org
Labor Activist SlideShows: http://www.SlideShows.us

GANGBOX: CONSTRUCTION WORKERS NEWS SERVICE

GANGBOX homepage:

http://www.geocities.com/gangbox/

comments? email: <gangbox at excite.com>

"UNION NOW, UNION FOREVER"