[Imc-radio] Mojo woes

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Mon Apr 14 16:09:54 CDT 2003

Last night Mojo was writing to disk _really_ slowly.  Today, Mojo
won't burn a CD; Easy CD Creator locks up at some point during the
process, across reboots.  Yesterday it locked up while recording
audio.  Finally, on some boots it won't recognize its ethernet card.

All of this screams "Shoot it!" to me.  I am going to move its hard
drives and CD burner to Rosa tomorrow morning, and consider it dead,
unless someone volunteers to make a valient effort tonight to save it.

In the meantime, you can stream audio out digitally to the MD deck
to get a copy of whatever you are working on.  I had to do that for
IMCRN today, and Sevilla will be doing it for the forum.

We should start soliticiting/fundraising/carjacking for a new
computer.  That's not the royal "we," by the way.

			-Clint

--
Clint Popetz                   Home:  217-398-3831
  Urbana-Champaign             IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center   Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator   USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820