[Imc-radio] Shifting Monday

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Thu Apr 10 09:52:40 CDT 2003

Hi all,

	Something has come up, and I won't be able to shift Monday's
show.  The show will consist of three segments: one on Medical Debt by
Kevin, one on the Palestinian Truth Tour by Peter Rohloff, and one on
permaculture by Gerry.  Kevin and I are going to pre-record the
headlines for this show Monday afternoon, so if anyone would like to
come by and read headlines, we'll be doing that around 2pm Monday.
I'll then burn a CD of the complete show, and have it played by
whoever is subbing the courier for me on Monday.

	In general, we may move to this method of pre-recording the
headlines, if it works out.  It makes it easier to syndicate the show,
because I don't have to record the live segments and digitize them in
order to get the show out.  It also allows more people to be involved
in the headline reading, because in general there are more people
hanging out at the IMC than at WEFT.  It's still as timely, because
the headlines are recorded only a few hours before the show.  We would
still have the option of doing things live when we have live guests,
of course.  I'm interested in thoughts and feedback on this approach.

	Also, if there are any trained airshifters out there that
could sub the Courier 4-6pm on Monday, please let me know.

				-Clint

--
Clint Popetz                   Home:  217-398-3831
  Urbana-Champaign             IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center   Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator   USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820