[Imc-radio] Re: IMPORTANT GRANT INFORMATION NEEDED:

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Tue Aug 26 11:08:51 CDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 05:37:56PM -0500, faith swords wrote:
> hey you guys,
>
> tod and i are working on a grant for some equipment for the IMC,
> specifically for video and radio, as the foundation we are working with
> would rather give equipment than money. it's for the community foundation
> of champaign county.
>
> would it be possible for you guys to send tod and myself a list of things
> that your respective groups need?
>
> the sooner you can get me this information, the better, as the grant is
> due on august 29 by noon.
>
> if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

For radio:

3 non-broken office chairs for the production room.
2 boom stands  (We can no longer borrow stands from the shows space)
1 P4-class workstation w/ CD-R, 100BaseT card, and at least 512MB RAM
1 standalone CD Duplicator, which would save me hours when making
copies of shows for people
5 volunteers with lots of free time
A robotic cleaning service to clean up after slobbish IMC people

That's the "reasonable" request list.  Zach Miller has a dream list we
drew up at one point, which included rack-mount enclosures, an audio
patch panel, etc.  Everyone else on radio@, feel free to contibute
items to this list.

				-Clint