[Imc-radio] Radio News needs your help

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Tue Dec 2 08:58:17 CST 2003

Hi all,

In case you hadn't heard, the grant which funds the Radio News
Coordinator position did not get renewed.  My employment ends
officially tomorrow, and yesterday was the last show I coordinated as
a paid employee.

So...we need to start making the transition back to an all-volunteer
radio show.  Frankly, I think it will be good for the show, that it
will energize the group to have to pull together to make sure the show
happens on a weekly basis, without relying on me :)

We will be having the monthly Radio News Group meeting on December
15th (two weeks from yesterday) at 6:30pm.  This is an important
meeting to help chart the next few months of radio news.  In
particular, I will be leaving town for a little over 2 months on
January 20th.  Until then I can still help keep things going as a
volunteer, but we'll definitely need to have a good team in place by
mid-January.  I expect we'll need to move to weekly meetings again,
for one thing.

I am very optimistic; the show was a great show before I was here, and
I'm sure it will continue to be.  But it definitely needs people.  If
you have any interest in radio news, please come on the 15th.  I can
still train people on audio up until I leave (and when I return I plan
to be part of the group again) and I will be documenting procedures
over the next few weeks to help enable a smooth transition.

Thanks for having me as your radio news coordinator.

				Take care,
				-Clint