[Imc-radio] Ed Rosenthal Coverage

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 4 22:47:29 CST 2003

I have cassette tape with nearly two hours of audio from the Ed
Rosenthal, et all event on medical marijuana, etc.

It starts with the head of Illinois NORML, who leads into brief
testimony from a woman with MS and glacoma arrested for growing her own
her in Illinois, which is part of a focus on Illinois' own unenforced
law requiring medical marijuna be available to patients.

Then there is some skit action on what to not do and what to do if under
the thumb of the police for any reason. This part was away from the mike
a bit, so the audio will be spottier than the rest of the tape.

Then into Ed before the end of the first side of the tape and on most of
the second, with some Q and A at the end.

I used my boundary mike, so the quality of all this may be a little less
than optimal, but it should all be usaable, except perhaps for the skit
stuff.

I'll leave the tape in the Radio mailbox late tomorrow afternoon. Since
I'm clueless about production and should spend my time the next two
weeks writing papers, I won't be able to do anything much with this
myself. After that, I will be available to consult on production if
someone else want to with me on it. It is some good stuff, but should be
evergreen to a certain degree of no one gets to it right away.
Mike Lehman

PS I'll picked up the broken minidisc and try to get it repaired if I
can or let you know if I can't.