[Imc-radio] From the Editorial Board (fwd)

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Dec 10 13:12:33 CST 2003

FYI:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:30:29 EST
From: BillhelpJ at aol.com
To: dfernandes at wbai.org
Subject: From the Editorial Board

Dear FSRN reporters:

We are sending you all details of how to become part of a survey which aims
map the field of Independent Reporters for a CPB funded survey. We did not
want to give the research firm all your email addresses but told them we
would
invite you to join the survey and 'opt-in' to participating by sending you
all
the below letter. If you decide to participate, please follow the
instructions in the letter. While we feel it would be useful to have our side
of the independent reporter pool represented we are only passing the survey
details on. This is NOT a FSRN survey. Please reply ONLY to the people listed
in the survey, we have no more information that what is provided.

Thanks,
Deepa on behalf of the Editorial Team.

MEMO FROM:

SchardtMEDIA : Program Development and Strategy
11 Rockmere Street
Boston, MA  02125
p) 617.436.9024
f) 617.288.5262
+ http://www.SchardtMEDIA.org

RE:    Mapping Public Radio’s Independent Landscape

This letter is to notify you about a CPB sponsored research project underway
to evaluate independent producers’ contribution to the public radio system in
the US.   Mapping Public Radio’s Independent Landscape is being undertaken by
Boston-based SchardtMEDIA with an Advisory Group that includes Dolores
Brandon/Executive Director of AIR, Dale Spear/Vice-President of Programming
and Acquisitions at PRI, Joanna Zorn/Executive Director of the Third Coast
International Radio Festival, Peggy Berryhill of Native America Public Radio,
Craig Curtis/Director of Research and Station Relations at MPR, Will
Lewis/Program Director for KCRW in Los Angeles, Davia Nelson/The Kitchen
Sisters, Jake Shapiro/Executive Director of the Public Radio Exchange, Peggy
Girshman/Assistant Managing Editor at NPR, and WGBH’s John Voci/Station
Director for WCAI/WNAN.

In order to get the most comprehensive results, SchardtMEDIA is trying to
reaching out the broadest possible base of producers.  Free Speech Radio News
has agreed to send this letter to notify you, and to provide you with
instructions for how to participate.

Please send an email with your name and email address to
WalrusResearch at AOL.COM .   You will be directed to a website to take a survey
about public radio, your work for NPR and other components of the public
radio
system.   If you have questions, call Walrus Research at 920 526 3593

THIS IS THE ONLY NOTIFICATION YOU WILL RECEIVE.   PLEASE SEND YOUR NAME AND
EMAIL ADDRESS TO WalrusResearch at AOL.Com.

SchardtMEDIA has provided assurance that the personal information of all
participants will be protected and used solely for this research project.
Further, the results of the study will be reported in aggregate, not
individually, and no one, including Free Speech Radio News, will see any of
the raw data or individual information.

For more information about the project and SchardtMEDIA, go to
http://www.SchardtMEDIA.org or send an e-mail to schardt at mindspring.com