[Imc-radio] News Meeting Minutes 1/2/3

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Thu Jan 2 19:35:57 CST 2003

(Isn't that the coolest date?  June 6th 2006 will outdo it though.)

You may have noticed that this message is being sent to
radio at ucimc.org...that's a new mailing address  I created to have
Radio News discussions on, so that the newsroom@ list can be
advertised as a place to send leads, story ideas, headlines, etc.
That way, it could also be used for news regardless of the medium,
e.g. the print or video groups.  This idea came from Danielle a few
weeks ago, and I think it's a great one.  So everyone who was on
newsroom@ is now also on radio@, and you can unsubscribe yourself from
either at <http://lists.cu.groogroo.com>.  I am going to do a website
feature touting newsroom@ as the place to send
stories/leads/headlines, and let's keep production et al on radio at .

Tonight's meeting should have been at 6:30pm, but Kevin and I both
thought it was at 7.  Sorry.  If anyone showed up, I apologize.  Next
week's meeting will definitely be at 6:30.

Kevin has volunteered to do headlines.  He is also working on a
feature, but not for next week.  He will send something to the list
about that feature.  Mark called and is attending the MLK meeting at
Salem Baptist Church at 10am tomorrow.  He will grab audio, and either
he or I will produce it.  I will shift the show, unless someone would
like to do so.

FYI, my daughter Kate broke her leg, which makes getting around really
difficult for me when I have my kids (Wed through Sunday) so I will
not be covering events on those days for the next 2 months.

				-Clint