[Imc-radio] WEFT Airshifter Training

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Tue Jan 21 13:47:03 CST 2003

Greetings,

	If you'd like to be able to airshift (DJ) at WEFT, now's your
chance.  Airshifter training consists of five classes (two in
classroom and three in studio) and the latter four can be worked into
your schedule.  But to get on track you need to attend the first
class, on Tues Jan 28th from 7-9pm at the WEFT studio, 113 N. Market
St in Champaign.  The training is free to WEFT members, and you can
become a member on the spot for $40.  The class is limited to 12
people, and you need to reserve a spot by calling 359-5483 and leaving
a message.  Interested people should probably do this soon; the last
class was full.

	Speaking from my own experience, the class is easy,
informative, and often funny, and it is being run by two great people
(Janet Lowry and Bill Saylor.)  You'll get to meet lots of WEFT-ies,
learn about the organization, and probe the depths of the meaning of
words like "obscene" and "purient."

	WEFT is a real gem in our community, and it's a lot of fun to
be a part of it.  Plus, those with an interest in IMC Radio News
should take this oppurtunity to become an airshifter, so that you can
host the show.

	You can contact me with any questions.

				-Clint

--
Clint Popetz  		         Home:  217-398-4186
  Urbana-Champaign               IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center     Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator	 USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820