[Imc-radio] Radio Stories for Monday

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Thu Jan 30 19:58:19 CST 2003

Hmm.  Mike (a new member) and Paul King showed up for the news
meeting, but neither has time this week to produce (although both are
eager to produce in following weeks.)  I know that Zach can produce,
and I'm hoping there are others who will email me.  Here are some
stories that could be produced...these are only suggestions, and I'm
happy to help people produce whatever news stories they desire.

	- Urbana City Council Iraq War Resolution.  I have audio of the
	  full meeting on mojo.  Connecting this to the upcoming meeting
	  (Monday, the night the show airs) would be good.  Also,
	  we could get interviews from the two opposing members (Milt
	  and John.)

	- Campus Walkout.  We have audio of the quad protest, and of
	  Belden and Francis Boyle's speeches, and maybe of the ISG
	  vote.

	- Bike Trails and Greenways talk.  We have audio from this
	  talk, which was held at the IMC.

	- Local reaction to State Of Union.  (Hey, the rest of the
	  progressive media outlets are being reactionary, why not
	  us?)	Still, I think it would be a good collage.

Anyway, I'm happy to provide training, backup, or whatever to people
wanting to produce for this weeks show, so please email or call me if
you are interested.

			-Clint

--
Clint Popetz  		         Home:  217-398-4186
  Urbana-Champaign               IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center     Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator	 USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820