[Imc-radio] Fwd: CIRCUS VIGIL!

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Thu Jun 5 14:06:10 CDT 2003

In case anyone is interested in covering this event...

			-Clint

----- Forwarded message from danielle <dnmarino at uiuc.edu> -----

Hey Progressive People!! -below is the email re: the vigil for the
circus- there are families and young people from the community already
signed up to come, which will be great-- if you can come please reply so
we can have signs and a headcount!
do it for the 2-headed pig (see below) :o(  danielle
___________________________

The Vigil for the Animals is this MON (6/9) and TUES at the Champaign
County Fairgrounds ( next to Carl Hospital Down Coler, off of
University) where Sterling & Reid Bros Circus will be.
This circus has *violated* the Animal Welfare Act more than 12 times and
is considered one of the most cruel circuses out there.

Please come out and join with other compassionate CU residents to make a
statement against allowing such a cruel show to come to our area!

VIGILS:
(check all you can go to)
MON
____3:50
____6:50

TUES
____3:50
____6:50

(each -silent- vigil should only be about 20min)
please reply to humane at uiuc.edu

We've got media lined up, so this should be a great event!
Danielle

p.s. please alert friends and family to come out to the vigil-
especially children. This will be a peaceful event to attract media
and educate circus-goers-- we are expecting up to 1,000 circus-goers so
we need to have lots and lots of people supporting animal-free circuses
(and against cruelty)
             S P R E A D  T H E  W O R D, F O R W A R D!
((MORE BELOW))

We just recently found out that there is a animal "Freak Show" with
a 2-headed pig and a 3-legged duck go to:
http://www.sterlingandreidbros.com/pdfs/SpecialAttraction.pdf

another protest of *this* circus!:
http://www.tnh.unh.edu/issues/022202/news/circus.html

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Clint Popetz                   Home:  217-398-3831
  Urbana-Champaign             IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center   Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator   USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820