[Imc-radio] Proposal to mail Meridith a MD

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Mon Jun 16 13:39:33 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 06:50:23PM -0500, Paul Bengt Riismandel wrote:
> I say yes, given that Meredith has been a member and contributing
> volunteer for several years.
>
> I think it's important to be explicit that we base such a decision on a
> record of trust, or a network of trust.  I don't think we want to be
> mailing a minidisc to just anyone who asks or promises something, but we
> should be willing to do so for someone like Meredith, who is a trusted
> IMCista, or someone who is known through our network of trust -- like a
> trusted member of another IMC, for instance.

I agree with that completely.  Our only experience lending equipment
to a person we didn't know was disastrous.

> So, anyway, yes.

Since all the feedback has been positive, I'd like to propose to
steering that we send Meridith a gig bag, which she will return when
she visits in August.  Can someone take that through steering?  I want
it to go through an open meeting.  I can't attend, because of my CGFC
committments.

				-Clint