[Imc-radio] Fwd: Illinois Food Summit Steering Committee

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Wed Jun 25 10:19:19 CDT 2003

If anyone is interested in covering this, please let me know.

				-Clint

----- Forwarded message from Chris Lempa/ISEN <Chris at isenonline.org> -----

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:01:34 -0500
From: Chris Lempa/ISEN <Chris at isenonline.org>
Subject: [Imc] Illinois Food Summit Steering Committee

What: Illinois Food Summit Steering Committee
When: 9 July 2003
Where: To be determined
Contact: salexander at hampshire.edu

For the last 2 years, the Illinois Food Summit has been held to
discuss the security, quality and access of food and the state of
sustainable agriculture in Illinois. This summit has brought together
a wide range of people from the state, including activists,
government representatives, farmers and
businesspeople, to deal with topics ranging from hunger to food production.

This year, the theme is Bringing Change to the Table and the focus is
to convert the talk of the previous summits into action. Some of the
topics on the table are specifically related to youth, such as
nutrition in schools, but undoubtedly issues of food security concern
everyone. In order to take
effective action to increase this security, we need to find solutions
and strategies that include a broader range of input. This year, we
would like to increase youth involvement in planning and attending
the summit, and working toward a sustainable future.

The summit will be held from Friday, November 7 to Sunday, November 9
at Indian Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale, IL.  Transportation can be
arranged for those who live outside of the area.  At the moment, we
are looking for youth 18 and over to attend a planning meeting on
July 9 to brainstorm topics that are important to them, activities
that they would like to do and how best to integrate a
youth presence into the upcoming summit.  If you would like to get
involved, or know of any youth or youth groups that would be
interested, please send an email to salexander at hampshire.edu,
cc:songobisi at netzero.net as soon as possible.  Thank you and we hope
to see you get involved.
Please Forward Widely
--
In Solidarity-
Chris Lempa

striking at the root. " - Henry Thoreau

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up." - the Ataris

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Clint Popetz                   Home:  217-398-3831
  Urbana-Champaign             IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center   Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator   USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820