[Imc-radio] Re: Response to Interview

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 25 14:29:08 CST 2003

I am glad that Clint has responded so clearly.  For now, I am just
going to respond to one of his comments and ask that others do the
same.  My words follow with Clint's short response.

AK
>  > Furthermore, I hope that you will pick interviewers who better
>>  understand the context of the issues being discussed, from a
>>  point-of-view from within the progressive movement.

CP
Absolutely not.  IMC Radio News does not mean "progressive radio news."

This is the critical question. I imagine that most members think that
the IMC's raison d'etre is to provide a progressive alternative to
the mainstream.  In fact, I think it does serve that function almost
all the time.  We need to have explicit agreement on the IMC's
purpose.
--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328