[Imc-radio] Rise Up Radio -- opportunity:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed May 14 10:26:40 CDT 2003

This came across the WEFT list -- I'm not sure if it's already been
forwarded, but thought it could hurt to make sure:

Subject: [pacificaannounce] Need Radio Activist Producers under 30!
From: Ursula Ruedenberg <ursulawbai at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, May 12, 2003 11:44 pm
To: pacificaannounce at yahoogroups.com,AffPac at yahoogroups.com

Seeking Radio Segments on Youth and Media

Rise Up Radio - Student Voices for Peace is looking for radio segments
created by young people, about youth and media. How you interpret that
topic is up to you! You can submit a new piece, or a segment you have
already recorded (as long as it^Òs still timely). This is open to all
producers under the age of 30. You don't have to be affiliated with a
radio  station, you can be a pirate broadcaster, you can be on a college
station,  whatever.

Who We Are:
We are the Free Radio Youth Collective, and we produce a weekly radio
show  called Rise Up Radio - Student Voices for Peace, which airs on WBAI
99.5 FM  in New York City. Our show is about youth activism, and youth
fighting for  social justice at home and abroad. We play and promote
conscious artists  (mostly but not only hip hop artists) whose music
speaks for justice. We  are a group of young activists, from diverse
backgrounds and with different  areas of political focus. We range in age
from 12 to early 30s, and we are  looking forward to hearing from other
youth radio folks around the country  and seeing what you are up to!

How to Submit:
Send us a description of your segment ­ what it^Òs about, who it features,
 when it was recorded (or will be recorded), how it^Òs relevant to the
youth  and media topic (if it^Òs not obvious). The segments should be 10
minutes or  less. Please send the segment descriptions to:
youthandmedia at riseup.net.

We will check out your segment description and send you an email soon
after  you send us the info.
The segments will be compiled into a show and broadcast on WBAI, 99.5 FM
in  New York City (www.wbai.org). We also will make CDs of the segments
chosen,  which we will send to all participating producers.