[Imc-radio] Stringers wanted for national gay radio news

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue May 20 14:29:12 CDT 2003

FYI:

WANTED: STRINGERS FOR NATIONAL GAY RADIO NEWS

OutQ News on Sirius Satellite Radio seeks to expand its worldwide network of
freelance reporters. We will pay for stories 30 seconds to one minute in
length that fit into one of these three standard radio news categories:

*   Voicer (reporter's narration only)
*   Actuality (sound bite only) + script
*   Wrap (Reporter and actuality packaged together)

These stories will air in our hourly five-minute newscasts, so we're looking
for hard news items. We do not have a format that accomodates features or
magazine pieces at this time. We may call you with an offered assignment, or
you may pitch us your idea for a story. Finished stories can be submitted to
our Times Square studios via phone or the internet.

We prefer stringers with some radio journalism experience, but are willing
to work with print reporters who show some aptitude and willingness to
learn. To sign up, or for further information, please contact:

    Tim Curran
    OutQ News Director
    tcurran at siriusradio.com
    212-584-5116

Sirius OutQ is the 24/7 nationwide source of news, information, and
entertainment specifically for the Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender
community, their family, friends, and supporters. Along with 99 other
crystal-clear channels of entertainment and commercial-free music, OutQ can
be heard across the continental U.S. via satellite for a modest monthly fee.
OutQ is also available (for a limited time) via the internet. Visit
www.siriusradio.com/OutQ.