[Imc-radio] Re: ftaa miami

Jay Eychaner jeychaner at chambana.net
Thu Sep 18 21:19:31 CDT 2003

Since we're talking about it, and more people are expressing interest,
lets just set this ball rolling.

To whit: Meghan and I have been looking into gathering a group to go to
Miami at the end of November for the planned protest of the FTAA
AMinisterial meeting.  As yet there's been little to no planning in part
because we have no sense of who all is going, and also because we pretty
much just decided recently that we were interested.  Consider this the
beginning of an open discussion.

I have cc'd the IMC Radio and Video groups on this because I'd like to see
them involved in some fashion.  Also, Molly (last name unknown - she went
to Quebec with us in 2001) has also expressed interest, but I do not know
her email address.

I guess I'd like to put forth initially that we should start having
official group meetings - a chance for everyone to get together to express
our goals for this and to figure out how to make it happen.  Meghan and I
have already talked a smidgeon about it and proposed for a meeting on
either Monday, Wednesday, or over the weekend.  My Sunday night is pretty
full but the afternoon is pretty available.  Beyond that, any of those
days are great for me.  Anyone else want to volunteer a day to meet?
I'll offer up space for meetings here at my place, at least initially: 107
W Washington, Urbana.

(note to video group: sorry I haven't made it to meetings - I've come back
home to a tuesday night obligation that takes precendence)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Paul Bengt Riismandel wrote:

> On Tuesday we were talking about some folks from video going to Miami
> for the FTAA. I was talking to Meghan from Shows tonight, and she that
> she and our old pal Jay are tying to get together a group for just that
> very thing - so I thought I'd just put everyone together, to talk
> amongst yourselves.

Jay Eychaner
Ambient and Experimental Genre Director
WEFT 90.1 FM Champaign, IL