[Imc-radio] soundforge problems

kanouse at uiuc.edu kanouse at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 28 19:40:20 CDT 2004

hi all,

i've been having a few weird problems with soundforge, and i
was hoping someone else might have experienced and solved
them.  please let me know if you have any ideas.

1) parametric equalizer (process>eq>parametric) won't load.
nothing happens when i click on it.  it used to work.  all
the other equalizers work.  parametric is my fav.

2)frequently, but by no means always when doing clipped peak
restoration or click and crackle remover, my sound clip will
get shortened, usually with the most recently pasted area
deleted.  sometimes, it drops all the audio.  this drop is
easily undone, but it also undoes the effect.  the dropping
still happens even after i save the clip, quit and relaunch
soundforge, or restart the computer.

these are the two major weirdnesses i've encountered lately.
also, i've had problems dealing with larger audio files, but
i imagine that's a memory issue.

any ideas?