[Imc-radio] virus death

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Thu Apr 29 16:59:09 CDT 2004

Apart from the C drive being full, Rosa also had 118 viruses, trojans,
and spyware programs on it. Mojo had about 25 (a few of which were
actively running). When I reported before that no viruses were found,
it was only the results from the Stinger which only scans for 40
viruses. I installed McAffee Anti-Virus 7.0 and it did the big
mega-cleaning.

Mojo seems to be having problems with Internet Explorer (someone
turned on content filtering) and with getting sound input from the
mixing board. I can't debug those right now. Rosa seems to be working
fine now.

Mojo and Rosa are both up to date with Windows Updates now too.

I removed Kazaa Lite from both machines because it is a major vector
for viruses and spyware. If you need to do file sharing to get some
audio please use your personal machine on your personal network.

I am working on the public computer and the staffing computer also.