[Imc-radio] Correction: WEFT to subscribe to IMC Radio News

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 12 11:41:57 CDT 2004

IMC Radio Producers,

Please see corrected amount in ps.  It should be $674, not $694.

The WEFT Programming Committee approved on-going funding of the IMC Radio
News at $20/week for
the next fiscal year (October 1, 2004 - September 30, 2005).  IMC Radio News
airs every Monday on WEFT from 5:30pm-6pm.  It is produced by a collective
of local volunteer grassroots citizen journalists at the IMC and is WEFT's
only weekly, pre-produced local news program.  WEFT has carried IMC Radio
News since 2001.  For the past two years, the PC has allocated a stipend of
several hundred dollars to IMCRN.  We received a proposal from them a year
ago for on-going funding.  We decided to fund them on an on-going basis for
the next year for several reasons including WEFT's commitment to local news
and the show's consistency, growth and quality.  Another reason is the
reality of WEFT's current capabilities. At this time, WEFT neither has the
infrastructure, facilities, nor equipment to internally sustain creation of
a weekly, pre-produced local news program.  By subscribing to the IMC
Service, WEFT is able to keep local news in our line-up. We also liked the
idea of supporting a local sister organization that provides and trains
local folks in audio equipment use, editing and news gathering, and that
includes WEFTies.

Kimberlie Kranich
WEFT Programming Committee Chair

p.s. WEFT is also sending the IMC a check for $674 as a stipend for last
year's services.