[Imc-radio] IMC Radio News Minutes 8-10-2004

dave berliner daveberliner at mac.com
Thu Aug 12 13:32:51 CDT 2004

IMC Radio News Minutes 8-10-2004

There is a need for all IMCRN correspondents to return minidisk
recorders to the IMC if they aren't currently in use for gathering news
sound.  If some of them are broken or lost, that is understandable, but
we really need to know how many recorders we can have available.  We
also want volunteers!!  We need people in the field gathering sound,
talking to people and getting involved with the community.

Sandra is going to email the radio list with an Appeals Fundraiser we
intend on posting to the IMC website.  We are basically asking for
donations or subscriptions.
"Just a thought:  Maybe we could have a Donations form available on the
internet as well as a Subscriptions form."

Sandra made it clear that the IMC working groups are now more than ever
before in need of independent funding and we are starting to become
expected to raise money.  She was concerned that it might be a bad idea
for working groups to have to fund themselves and that an independent
funding source or fund raising working group should be more active in
the attempts to raise money.

Greg could not attend the IMCRN meeting this week due to a malicious
tree that has given him a punch in the eye.  He also tells me that his
rearview mirror appears  to have been vandalized.  I don't know if this
has anything to do with our broadcast but I just wanted to get this
information out to the IMC.

On this weeks show, at this point, it looks like we have, "Soundbite"
and Another interview with Greg Springer concerning Tourism in
Colombia.  We would like to mention the community wireless network
gathering that will take place in the coming week.  Other stories will
develop as the week comes to a close.

Last weeks show is currently available for download at the UCIMC
website at

http://www.ucimc.org/media/all/display/2940

We at the IMC Radio News would also like to give a special thanks to
WEFT for the funding of past IMCRN programming as well as the $20 a
week commitment toward the development of better local IMCRN service.

Keep Local News ALIVE!!!

dave