[Imc-radio] my version of IMC Radio News Minutes 8-10-2004

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 16:23:16 CDT 2004

This is not exactly the way the meeting went down. Here is my version.
Attending: Laura B., Sandra A., Dave B.,

>Sandra is going to email the radio list with an Appeals Fundraiser we
>intend on posting to the IMC website.  We are basically asking for
>donations or subscriptions.
>"Just a thought:  Maybe we could have a Donations form available on the
>internet as well as a Subscriptions form."
>Sandra made it clear that the IMC working groups are now more than ever
>before in need of independent funding and we are starting to become
>expected to raise money.  She was concerned that it might be a bad idea for
>working groups to have to fund themselves and that an independent funding
>source or fund raising working group should be more active in the attempts
>to raise money.

Actually, we discussed the need to raise funds for our own equipment and to
help support the IMC as a whole. I did express that if the same people who
were trying to produce radio also had to coordinate an event to raise funds
that I felt that it would be too taxing on those few folks. So in lieu of
that I suggested that Dave research what equipment that we needed and I
would put together a fundraising appeals letter that we could send to
various folks (not the radio email list necessarily). I would post the first
draft of the letter to the radio email list for discussion. The letter would
included the option of buying specific pieces of equipment or giving money
specifically so we could buy equipment.

>On this weeks show, at this point, it looks like we have, "Soundbite" and
>Another interview with Greg Springer concerning Tourism in Colombia.  We
>would like to mention the community wireless network gathering that will
>take place in the coming week.  Other stories will develop as the week
>comes to a close.

We agreed that the main story this week would be the audio from Heath Care
Consumers talk which Dave has on hand. This story would be supplemented by
the above two mentioned stories "Soundbite" and "Greg from Columbia"

>Last weeks show is currently available for download at the UCIMC website at
>
>http://www.ucimc.org/media/all/display/2940

Sandra is to contact Danielle, Paul and Clint to try to have a time when
they could get together and determine the best possible way to get archives
of our show to be in a permenantly accessible place on the web. If they are
not able to committ to doing that then we need to appeal to someone who can
and will help us do that in a timely manner. Sandra is having a hard time
sustaining her committment in lieu of the fact that the show is not
available for listening expect once a week on WEFT and then in a very very
spotty manner on the web.

Thanks,
Sandra