[Imc-radio] mtg today

Dave Berliner daveberliner at mac.com
Tue Aug 31 20:52:55 CDT 2004

Sandra, Dave, Danielle, Laura and Folks

IMC Radio News Minutes 8-31-04

Dave will attend the WEFT general information meeting at 7:00 in bavarian hall to give the IMC some representation and to scout out some volunteers.

This week there is a possibility of interviewing David Gill of the 15th congressional district running against TIm Johnson.  The contact for this interview is
Euan Fernsler <efernsler at korora.com>
-14 minutes

Ellen, our local radical librarian, would like to produce a 10-15 minute piece for the September 13th IMCRN.  Dave May not be able to produce at all for the show on the 13th.  Ellen is capable of putting together a whole show if additional content is provided.
-15 minutes- 30 minutes

We have two soundbite pieces ready for the next two shows.
2 x 5 minutes

Dave covered the Sweet Corn Festival and has a variety of audio of Mike Lehman from the IMC table.  At the Close of the week Dave would also like to put together a week in remembrance of media collected at the RNC protests.
-7 minutes

Mike Lehman has been contacted a number of times by Ms. May
Ms. May, who I spoke with at our table at the Sweetcornfest. She is a woman who says that she was robbed by someone (to the tune of $400,000) who was watching her cat. And John Piland will not do anything about it, claiming it is a civil matter. He has refused to allow a criminal report to be made, thus her insurance company will not compensate her for her loss.  It is a long and rather complicated story. Ms. May claims that there are court documents that verify what she says where the culprit admitted that he stole from Ms. May. If someone does want to cover this story, I would suggest starting with locating these court documents.  Ms. May says that she has spoken with Julia Reitz (Dem running against Piland) about this, as well as the News-Gazette, but no story has been published, which she finds frustrating. Ed Mandel at WEFT was looking into this, so he may have some info. There have also been threats by someone to have Ms. May involuntarily committed to mental health care, but I'm uncertain who this was and on what basis they threatened Ms. May with this.
-4 minutes

Here is Ms. May's contact info.
Sandra K. May
PO Box 3954