[Imc-radio] mtg today

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 31 21:05:55 CDT 2004

I wanted to reiterate my caution that May story needs some further
research. Something just does not add up here, at least from what she
has told me so far -- whether that means her story is flaky or that it
is actually true that, as in her view, a lot of people are standing in
line to do her wrong. The court records should definitely be located and
examined to see what, if any, substance there is to Ms. May's story
before you do any reporting on it. I also forgot to note that she states
that she is a registered nurse.
Just being cautious,
Mike Lehman

Dave Berliner wrote:

> Mike Lehman has been contacted a number of times by Ms. May
> Ms. May, who I spoke with at our table at the Sweetcornfest. She is a woman who says that she was robbed by someone (to the tune of $400,000) who was watching her cat. And John Piland will not do anything about it, claiming it is a civil matter. He has refused to allow a criminal report to be made, thus her insurance company will not compensate her for her loss.  It is a long and rather complicated story. Ms. May claims that there are court documents that verify what she says where the culprit admitted that he stole from Ms. May. If someone does want to cover this story, I would suggest starting with locating these court documents.  Ms. May says that she has spoken with Julia Reitz (Dem running against Piland) about this, as well as the News-Gazette, but no story has been published, which she finds frustrating. Ed Mandel at WEFT was looking into this, so he may have some info. There have also been threats by someone to have Ms. May involuntarily committed to mental health
care, but I'm uncertain who this was and on what basis they threatened Ms. May with this.