[Imc-radio] Uploading IMCRN for rebroadcast in Macomb

herringb at prairienet.org herringb at prairienet.org
Sun Feb 22 20:38:39 CST 2004

hi IMC-Radio group and Duane in Macomb:

I volunteer to take care of the uploading of the IMC Radio News from now
on, so that Duane can broadcast it on Fridays in Macomb.  I can start this
week.  So, Duane, if it's not done by your deadline, I'll take the rap:)

Can "IMCRN UPLOAD" be an agenda item at 7:50PM at this week's meeting?  If
so, I'll rush over from work to try to attend.

Either way, here's what I propose as a procedure:  The air-shifter who
hosts the IMC Newshour makes a minidisc of the broadcast and brings it to
the IMC production room AS SOON AS POSSIBLE after the show.  This minidisc
is placed (for example) on top of the minidisc player in the IMC
Production room, and labelled in big letters "IMCRN 2/23/04 AS
BROADCAST"... If that's doable, then I can have the audio converted to mp3
and uploaded that very evening.

An easier way to do it would be to record the WEFT broadcast signal direct
to .wav on someone's laptop...  That way, converting to mp3 would take a
lot less time...  Tech folks, please brainstorm this possibility and see
if it can be done...

Please keep me posted RE: this proposed agenda item and procedural
proposal...

Thanks,
paulkotheimer:)