[Imc-radio] Uploading IMCRN for rebroadcast in Macomb

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Sun Feb 22 20:42:05 CST 2004

Now that I have fixed the ucimc.org website to accept large file
uploads it is no longer neccessary to have a person dedicated to this
task. The process you propose would be far more complex than we need
to make it.

Right now every news program that we produce is burned to CD from a
WAV file. The CD is delivered to WEFT.

Whoever makes the WAV file can convert that WAV file to MP3 and upload
that MP3 to http://www.ucimc.org by clicking on the "publish a story"
link. WAV files can be converted to MP3 using the version of
SoundForge or ACID that we have at the IMC or using a free program
called WinLAME.

Paul, perhaps you can take charge of nagging the producers on any
given week to upload their version or providing the tech support in
making the MP3 conversion but ultimately Ithink the easiest and best
procedure (a procedure that would not have been possible before this
week when I fixed the software) is for the producers each week to
directly upload every week as soon as they have finished making the
final CD for WEFT.