[Imc-radio] ahh for the days

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 19:19:36 CST 2004

ahh for the days when the audio production area is set up... as it was when
I was trained on it a few short weeks ago.... when the phone interface has a
connection... when two sets of headphones weren't trying to wrap their loose
tendrils around the likes of the 14 sets of other wires... when the speakers
worked when you wanted but not when you were recording... etc.

we HAVE to work together to find a uniform way to leave the work station so
that relative novices can produce at the IMC.

I'm suggesting starting with a log to sign in and out on rosa and mojo so we
know the last person to use it so we at least know who to contact about
possible changes.

We need a diagram of how things are standardly set up. I know it will
change... I know it's a hassle, but I think it is necessary.

On another note... things are going well for radio next week. Lori Serb is
working on a piece regarding the police commission and her experience with
being arrested and police giving false testimony. Ondine is interviewing
Carol Spindel tomorrow (if the audio production roomis changed again I'm
going to cry). Carol M is drafting a piece on (same sex) (all person)
marriages. I've just finished an 8 minute piece with Linda Evans regarding
advocating for yourself in healthcare situations (the piece is evergreen)

Best to you all. I love radio!
Sandra