[Imc-radio] Mondays news

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 16:46:32 CST 2004

I have written up four stories for headline news. You can read the full
stories (attached).

--IMC’S ANNIVERSARY PARTY [1 min 10 seconds]
-- WRFU [2 minutes 40 seconds]
--PRAIRIE GREENS COMPLAINT TO BE HEARD IN COURT THIS WEDNESDAY
[2 minutes]
--NEWSGAZETTE ACQUIRES 4 SMALL TOWN LOCAL PAPERS AND SELLS VIDEO PRODUCTION
GROUP
[2 minutes 45 seconds]

I still need to get the Walmart story written and I expect it will be 2 - 3
minutes. If it is 2.5 that would put us at 8 minutes and 20 seconds.

Are we going with same sex benefits for Urbana as the feature story? Was the
audio successfully gathered on this (by Ondine and Danielle)? Do we need a
headline story for it? Do you think that the feature story will work with
almost 10 minutes of headlines -- or do we need to read the headlines fast
or do I need to cut something? Let me know what you are thinking... so if I
need to cut the headlines... or not even do Walmart... I need to know before
tomorrow's meeting so I can have appropriate scripts there.

Also... if you do read through the complete stories... Do you think that I
should post them as-is to the UCIMC website newswire and make a note that
they are headlines from the upcoming edition of IMC radio news?

Sandra

WALMART IN URBANA

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!