[Imc-radio] Mondays news

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Sun Jan 18 09:34:51 CST 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 10:46:32PM +0000, Sandra Ahten wrote:
> I have written up four stories for headline news. You can read the full
> stories (attached).
>
> --IMC?S ANNIVERSARY PARTY [1 min 10 seconds]
> -- WRFU [2 minutes 40 seconds]
> --PRAIRIE GREENS COMPLAINT TO BE HEARD IN COURT THIS WEDNESDAY
> [2 minutes]
> --NEWSGAZETTE ACQUIRES 4 SMALL TOWN LOCAL PAPERS AND SELLS VIDEO PRODUCTION
> GROUP
> [2 minutes 45 seconds]
>
> I still need to get the Walmart story written and I expect it will be 2 - 3
> minutes. If it is 2.5 that would put us at 8 minutes and 20 seconds.
>
> Are we going with same sex benefits for Urbana as the feature story? Was
> the audio successfully gathered on this (by Ondine and Danielle)? Do we
> need a headline story for it? Do you think that the feature story will work
> with almost 10 minutes of headlines -- or do we need to read the headlines
> fast or do I need to cut something? Let me know what you are thinking... so
> if I need to cut the headlines... or not even do Walmart... I need to know
> before tomorrow's meeting so I can have appropriate scripts there.

The show has to be 29 minutes, with 1 minute for the disclaimer/theme,
1.5 minutes for show intro/outro, leaving 26.5 minutes.  Ondine says the
same-sex feature is about 20 minutes, so that would leave 6.5 for
headlines.  I expect the feature can be trimmed a bit, but probably
not by two minutes.

Historically, headlines have take four to six minutes of the show, but
there's no reason they couldn't take more or less, of course.

				-Clint