[Imc-radio] Radio Group Minutes 1/20/2004

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Wed Jan 21 02:34:38 CST 2004

Radio Group Minutes 1/20/2004

Attending: Zach, Jay, Ondine, Carol

Zach and Jay will be coordinating the news this week.

Stories -

City Council tonight, Zach will go to cover the Walmart story and get
info for a brief followup on the DP benefits story.

Green party lawsuit against Mark Sheldon - Zach and Jay will go to
court to gather audio for this. Courtroom B, 9am, County Courthouse.

Sandra - Assume you'll be doing headlines for us? Will you record them
or just give us text to have someone else read?

Does anyone else have other stories? We can probably fill the half
hour with these two stories but we could also easily fit some other
stuff in.

At the end of the meeting a number of teens from another IMC teens
meeting joined us to learn about the radio group. One of them is a
composer of classical music and might be interested in doing a piece
about an upcoming performance of one of his pieces. Another is a
volunteer for planned parenthood and might be interested in doing a
piece about that. They're all pretty busy right now though so don't
expect anything in the immediate future. It's going to be AWESOME to
have folks from the local schools working on radio pieces sometime in
the future though.

We're still going to need coordinators to step up for future
shows. Also the fact that the coordinators will also be the reporters
of two major stories this week can NOT be the norm. It just so happens
that we're interested in reporting on these stories but that won't
always happen. Will anyone be apprenticing with Zach and Jay on
production this week?