[Imc-radio] IMC Audio Happy Hour This Friday?

herringb at prairienet.org herringb at prairienet.org
Tue Jul 6 10:51:42 CDT 2004

Howdy neighbors

I want to offer an "IMC Radio News Audio Training Happy Hour" this Friday,
7/9/2004, at 5:30PM, in the IMC Production Room. I can teach folks how to

make better-sounding recordings on location or at home
move audio from minidisc to computer
record a phone interview
script and record voiceovers
edit audio using SoundForge
tweak your levels and EQ to get the best sound quality
add music or ambient sound "underneath" your raw audio
make an mp3 and upload it to www.ucimc.org
burn a CD

I also know a few things about the microphones, mixing board, and other
components of the Production room's audio setup.

Please bring minidiscs and CDs with AUDIO on them--even if it's just a
recording of yourself singing in the shower!

Hey--while we're at it, why don't we videotape this training session so
that future newcomers can watch it any time they need some training???

Are there any video-heads out there in Radio-Land available to pitch in on
this?

e-mail me with responses and/or to RSVP for this session!
paulkotheimer:)