[Imc-radio] IMCRadioNews needs and minutes

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 09:47:11 CDT 2004

I'm sorry I've lost my notes that I took for the minutes and several things
have shaken down differently than we planned since the meeting. So I'm just
going to give a run down.

Meeting on 7/20 Attending: Sandra A., Ondine G., Laura B, Dave B, Greg
Springer, Paul K., Shelley Masar

For the 2/26 show we were planning to have Dave produce a show with:
Laura's Soundbite (5 minutes)
Ondine's interview with Leigh Estebrook (re Patriot Act and Libraries)

However as of Wednesday Ondine could not coordinate the interview and so
called Sandra and asked that she not be part of the production schedule for
this week.

What then? Sandra is thinking that she can do an interview with Ester Patt
regarding Urbana City Council current politics (going to some at-large
coucil members). Sandra will also try to get an interview with the Urbana
Police regarding the suicides at the jail. We won't probably be able to
shake out the whole story, but at least an expanded headline would be good.
I am also going to try to contact Jeff Nicholson Owens to interview him
regarding what kind of ballots we have in Champaign county and anything
citizens should know about the mechanics of voting (we are about 100 days
before the election gets stolen again ... in my crystal ball)

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANYTHING THEY COULD CONTRIBUTE? Do you know someone
who could do a "citizen speak." Do you know anyone who could do a review of
the movie Outfoxed? Do you know a local poet who has any "political"
poetry??? Anything?

I'll be at the IMC from noon - 2pm today working on this. Let me know. (You
can come by during this time if you need sound editing software for your
laptop also)

I'll have done what I can contribute by FRiday night and will communicate to
Dave where it is, so he can try to make it into a show. I've got
committments this weekend and am leaving town for a week starting Sunday.

NEXT WEEK: Aug 2.

The main body of the show is going to be a contribution by Greg Springer
giving voice to the people of Columbia, where he has just returned from. He
has audio and is going to write the piece and may ask Dave to stitch it
together for him.

Danielle -- Can you faciliatae the meeting next week? Did you get last weeks
show uploaded yet?

Shelly got some brief training from Paul on using a minidisk. She is going
to gather audio regarding a man named Charlie who has a bone to pick with
the Times Shelter and is working hard to get changes made their.

Paul is willing to upload the show each week. Let's make a file on the
desktop to put the finished piece in. Also the producer needs to put a
synopsis of the show in that file.

sign up to be part of this email list at
http://lists.cu.groogroo.com/cgi-bin/listinfo

That's what I can think of for now.

Sandra