[Imc-radio] update on shows

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 18:26:45 CDT 2004

Ok, It's going well.
This weeks show's feature will be on the Urbana City Council discussing
adding two at -large seats. I have audio from Ester Patt and  Diane Marlen
(a citizen advocating for the referendum). I have quotes from the the Urbana
legal department and Milton Otto. And I have audio from an interview with
Giraldo Rosales (an at large member of the Champaign City Council).
I wrote the script and DAve is doing all the hardwork of tweaking, cutting
pasting, voice over etc.
Laura finished her second Sound bite. We will probably use this, but if it
get's too tight on time, will hold onto this for the next week... I figured
it would do good to let you get ahead of the game,since these aren't time
sensitive.
I suggested the story of the GEO and the Mitsubishi story off the UCIMC
newswire for headlines.
Dave can decide final editing as he produces this week. Thanks so much Dave.
You da man.
I conducted an interview with Jeff Nicholson Owens regarding voting
machines. He sits on the Champaign Count Clerks Voting Machine
Recommendation team. The interview is right about 21 minutes and is pretty
succinct.. though we could cut a few minutes out. It is an evergreen piece
between now and the end of August. In other words we could use it next week.
I think it is really informative and interesting.
Greg needs to get a copy of editing software from Dave B. Dave now has my
copy of it. Greg will be producing a story on Columbia. This was going to be
for the Aug 2 program. Again though it will be green for awhile. Greg has
the latitude to produce it in any way that he feels will work... such as
several 7 minute pieces; one twenty minute piece. He should have an idea
about that at the meeting this week.
I was just thinking, Greg, since you are not at all familiar with IMCRN...
(having Been in Columbia) There are CDs of the show you could listen to in
the "inbox" at the IMC...so you don't have to do that long download process.
Just pick them up from the IMC and return them to the box when you are done.
I'm away coming week. Danielle is conducting the meeting. Tuesday noon.
TECHNICAL NEED: When interviewing into ROSA the temporary disk gets full
about 20 minutes into an interview. The recording stops... I have to save
the info and open and new recording. Can you please help?
Sandra