[Imc-radio] radio this week

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 13:52:41 CDT 2004

Minutes 6/15/04
Present: Ondine and Sandra
Missed the meeting because we changed the time: Dave B. (so sorry)

It seems as though we really don't want to give up the 1/2 hour slot on WEFT
but we need to make it as absolutely low level time wise as possible until
we get a new infusion of energy. For this week and next Ondine and I thought
it would be good to just replay one of her archived interviews, hopefully
with new headlines.

If I do headlines will two people set up (hint: Clint and Paul) and take a
week to do the following on Monday...

1) Get an Ondine interview from her folder
2) Get Sandra's headlines (I will record them and leave them in my folder)
3) Merge with intro and disclaimer
4) make copy of CD and get to WEFT
5) upload to the website

If so I will committ to doing headlines. If not, someone else needs to
figure out how we are going to not completely bomb out on our committment to
WEFT.

OTHER URGENT BUSINESS:
When I came in this weekend on Sunday Sound Forge seemed to be completely
missing from ROSA. It is not listed under programs in the Sonic menu and
there is also no shortcut to it. I was able to find it by doing a "find" and
then opening folders until I found an exe. folder. I did the work that I
needed to do on it and burned the CD for this weeks show. However the show
that I saved does not appear in my folder where I am 99% sure that I saved
it. It is called June 14 final. Clint or Paul can you think of an
explanation for this? We need to get this show uploaded. Clint or Paul can
you come in sometime tomorrow and help me do that... if we can't find the
copy... I have pieces that can easily be stitched together to make what is
much like the final that played on WEFT. Please name a time that you could
come in on Wednesday or Thursday.

LAST WEEK
Amy Clay came to the meeting and discussed a project that she was working on
with foster kids that is funded through the UofI. It was discussed at length
in how we could make a radio program out of teaching them about making a
radio program. Paul agreed to help do this. I am participating also.
Basically the students are going to be writing a a blurb about the
misinformation about foster care. They are going to come in a record these
very short pieces and then one or two of them will take the audio of this
and script it into a PSA (perhaps with SAndra's help) and then final
production will be done in making the PSA. We will be recording the whole
process which would make a neat 1/2 hour show, if someone would be willing
to edit it into a show. (Sandra might)... But anyway they'll have a PSA even
if we don't have a radio show from it.

We will be meeting at 11am next week to accomodate Danielles teaching
schedule. Danielle please post this widely.

Sandra