[Imc-radio] interest in radio/public i

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 12:59:51 CDT 2004

Nicky, Thanks for contacting me. Regarding learning radio production. Can
you attend our next meeting at the IMC, 218 W. Main St., Urbana. Tuesday at
11am? What kind of radio show do you hope to host in Chicago next fall?

If you would like to write an article about the Prairie Rivers Network for
the Public i you could either attend their meeting at 5:30 on Thursday or
write a proposal for the article and email it to the group or (preferrably)
both. They meet at the same address.

Message:
Hi Sandra,
I\'m Nicky, and my dear friend Al Kagan said that I might send you an email
ask you a few questions I had.  I\'ve just moved to Champaign, and only for
the
summer.  Back at my college in the fall I am interested in hosting a radio
show
and this summer I\'d like to learn how!  Al thought that you might know,
through
Independent Media, how I could learn.  I\'ve also gotten to read the Public
which seems like a great publication.  One of the things I\'m doing here
this
summer is working with Prairie Rivers Network (an environmental organization
here in Champaign) and the Public i seemd like a great way to get the word
out
about some of the projects we are working on this summer.  Does this seem
possible?
Lots of questions, I know, and an odd sort of introduction, but I\'m really
looking forward to being busy in Champaign this summer.  Thanks!

Nicky D.