[Imc-radio] radio pieces

O G buffa99 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:48:54 CST 2004

Hi all,

I'm unable to attend the  meeting tonight, but wanted to give a few updates.
  Clint met me at the IMC today to help edit my interview with Carol Spindel
on the chief.  There are a few tweaks left, but it should be ready to air
for Monday.

Other show ideas:

I've asked permission to bring live audio to the talk by Sherman Alexie
tomorrow night, and to do an interview with him.  Sherman Alexie is an
outstanding Native American writer/ filmmaker/ poet, and I"m really excited
to see him.

I'd like to do an interview with Maggie and JP Austin: two Champaign
residents who have recently written op-ed pieces about the climate of this
community vis. a vis Cantor's resignation and C hampaign Schools coach
firing incident.  Kim Kranich proposed this idea of interviewing Maggie, and
I think adding JP to the mix might also be good.  There aren't available to
be interviewed until next week.

I think somebody should interview Kim Kranich about the taser issue.  I'm
happy to pursue this, but maybe Ariel would like to do it because she
previously did a piece on local police brutality, and probably has a lot of
background.   If there isn't an intervew, then perhaps Kim could record a
"headline."   (Sorry I'm volunteering others...but I'm just recognizing our
local talent).

Ondine