[Imc-radio] radio pieces

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Mar 2 23:17:03 CST 2004

Hi Odine and all -

> I'm unable to attend the  meeting tonight, but wanted to give a few updates.
>   Clint met me at the IMC today to help edit my interview with Carol Spindel
> on the chief.  There are a few tweaks left, but it should be ready to air
> for Monday.

Can you edit it down to 20 minutes so there is room for another timely
commentary this week?  I know the minutes listed it at 15 minutes, but
that included a commentary from Maggie which it sounds like can't happen
this week.

> I've asked permission to bring live audio to the talk by Sherman Alexie
> tomorrow night, and to do an interview with him.  Sherman Alexie is an
> outstanding Native American writer/ filmmaker/ poet, and I"m really excited
> to see him.

Great!  I am thrilled you got access to this.

> I'd like to do an interview with Maggie and JP Austin: two Champaign
> residents who have recently written op-ed pieces about the climate of this
> community vis. a vis Cantor's resignation and C hampaign Schools coach
> firing incident.  Kim Kranich proposed this idea of interviewing Maggie, and
> I think adding JP to the mix might also be good.  There aren't available to
> be interviewed until next week.

I am really glad you picked this up.  I was going to interview Maggie
because I wanted to take Kim's idea up, but I am really overloaded with
producing.  So please, I would love it if you followed up with them.

> I think somebody should interview Kim Kranich about the taser issue.  I'm
> happy to pursue this, but maybe Ariel would like to do it because she
> previously did a piece on local police brutality, and probably has a lot of
> background.   If there isn't an intervew, then perhaps Kim could record a
> "headline."   (Sorry I'm volunteering others...but I'm just recognizing our
> local talent).

There was a headline about tasers last Monday - it came from Kim's e-mail.
I will ask her to write a follow up since she is mobilizing for next
Tuesday's council.

danielle