[Imc-radio] minutes of radio group 3.9.04

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Mar 9 18:45:01 CST 2004

Minutes of Radio Group 8. 9.04

Announcements to folks on the list
Danielle, bring your old phone to the IMC!  And edit IMCRN to put Ondine's
intro and outro back in before upload!

Zach or Clint - can you upload the show before Friday?

Randall, please bring CDs of shows back to the IMC for archiving purposes.

Librarians, is the IMC collection accessible from the Urbana Free Library?
Could someone find this out and e-mail to our list?

Decisions about producer/reporter roles.
We discussed the fact that the word "producer" did not fit with our
structure, which is non-hierarchical.  For example, the person stitching
together the show does not direct the reporters what to do.  Instead we
talked about using these terms:

"show coordinator"
"technical coordinator"
"headlines coordinator"
"contributors"

We decided that contributors who are producing pieces should write out the
introduction (or "lead in") they want for their piece so that the show
coordinator does not have to edit the contributor's piece.  If you don't
provide a lead in, be warned that your piece could get edited to avoid
duplication of information!

Upcoming show: Sandra Ahten - show coordinator
Gay issues commentary - Brandon - 7 minutes
Dems versus repubs - Danielle - 7 mins
Mark Shelden about election process - Sandra -- 6 minutes
Linda Evans - Advocating for healthcare - 7 mins
Citizen Speak - sound bites from Bob Finch, Danielle Chynoweth, Spitzes
and ?